GENERAL CONDITIONS AND TERMS OF SERVICE
Updated on 01/01/2019
IT IS IMPORTANT TO READ CAREFULLY AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE SITE. BY ACCEPTING THEM, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND DO NOT WISH TO COMPLY WITH THEM, YOU SHOULD NOT ACCEPT THEM AND MAY NOT, THEREFORE, BENEFIT FROM THE SERVICES OFFERED BY THE COMPANY ON THE SITE.
(A) The present General Conditions of Use of the site dated 01/01/2019 (hereinafter referred to as the "General Conditions") describe the terms and conditions applicable to access to the Services offered on the Site.
(B) The www.gronns.com Website is the exclusive property of Gronns, registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Registry under number 83172744100014 (hereinafter referred to as "the Company"). The name of the Company is also used as the trading name, the name of the electronic platform on the Internet and with reference to the Services offered on the Site to Members.
(C) The Services offered by the Company are intended to enable:
(i) projects scientific consulting, involving technology innovation, research and innovation,
(ii) the intermediation between Project Owners and Backers via the Internet platform managed by the Company to facilitate their interaction and promote the Projects presented on the Site,
(iii) the collection of Donations through the Crowdfunding or Crowdfunding Site to enable Backers to provide support to Project Owners and to finance the realization of the Projects presented on the Site,
(iv) the intermediation between Users for the purchase and sale of cryptocurrencies and cryptoassets ("Cryptocurrencies"), which include Bitcoin ("BTC"), Litecoin (“LTC”), Ripple (“XRP”), Ethereum ("ETH"), Tether (“USDT”),
(v) the e-commercial activity for Businesses, allowing the sale of products and services across the marketplace.
(vi) the connection between users and organizations, i.e, people, groups, businesses, organizations...
(vii) the discovery of content, products, and services that may interest the users: We show ads, offers, and other sponsored content to help users discover content, products, and services that are offered by the many businesses and organizations.
Cryptocurrency Purchase, Purchase or Purchase Order for a Confirmed Customer Account, this refers to the steps in the following process:
1) Communication by the Customer of the following information: i) the type of Cryptocurrency to be purchased (provided that the Cryptocurrency in question is sold by GRONNS); ii) the total amount payable in euro to which a Commission and Mining Fees shall apply (hereinafter the "Purchase Amount"); iii) the Cryptocurrency Wallet address (on the understanding that the Customer is solely responsible for providing this address and that GRONNS accepts no responsibility for any false or incorrect addresses provided by the Customer); iv) payment method for the Purchase Amount (bank card or bank transfer only). The Purchase Amount is subject to a minimum level set by GRONNS at the time of Purchase and may, in some cases, be subject to a maximum level.
2) Notification by GRONNS of any Customer Purchase Limits, which are based on Customer Account information, Transaction history and chosen payment method. The Customer may submit a request to GRONNS staff to increase their Purchase Limits. The Risk and Compliance Department will try to accommodate the Customer's request and may ask for additional information and documentation from the Customer.
3) At GRONNS's request, or in cases where the Purchase Amount in euro is at a level which, when added to the value of Transactions executed by the Customer in the 365 days prior to the Purchase, is greater than or equal to €10,000, the Customer must complete a Questionnaire provided by GRONNS. Having reviewed the Customer's Questionnaire responses, GRONNS may ask the Customer for supporting documentation under French Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing regulations (LCB-FT) and the Terms and Conditions, and may decline the Purchase while stating the reasons for doing so, even where payment of the Purchase Amount has been made. In the absence of a response within 72 hours of sending the Questionnaire, the Purchase shall be cancelled. GRONNS must notify the Customer of its request for a Questionnaire or supporting documentation before a Purchase can be approved. The Price T0 used to calculate Quantity Q0, such as these terms are defined below, can only be set after the Questionnaire has been approved by GRONNS (i.e. if a Questionnaire is approved two days after the Purchas Order, the Price at the time when the Questionnaire is approved, not that at the time of the Purchase Order, shall be used to calculate the quantity of Cryptocurrency to be delivered. The Customer should therefore approve the Questionnaire before issuing a Transaction order.
4) Acceptance by the Customer of the Terms and Conditions;
For Purchases via the Website and for some Purchases made by Business customer and paid by bank transfer:
- For Cryptocurrency Purchases by bank card:
- The Customer is notified via the Website purchasing platform of the Cryptocurrency Price at "time t0" ("Price T0" and the quantity of Cryptocurrency for delivery, "Quantity Q0", corresponding to a Purchase made at "time t0", calculated by applying the Price T0 to the Purchase Amount);
- The Customer records the Purchase transaction details by clicking "CONTINUE" and agrees to the Terms and Conditions;
- The quantity of Cryptocurrency for delivery, "Quantity Q1", is then calculated through Clearing of the Purchase Amount using the Price at "time t1" ("Price T1"), at the moment when the Customer clicked "CONTINUE". The Customer is notified of Quantity Q1 of Cryptocurrency as well as the Mining Fees and Commission.
- The Customer then has up to 10 minutes after "time t1" to complete payment, with 3D Secure authentication, using a valid bank card in the Customer's name accepted by GRONNS. After this period, the Purchase transaction is indicated as having "expired" and is cancelled;
- Delivery of Quantity Q1 to the Cryptocurrency Wallet address provided by the Customer. Delivery normally takes place within 30 minutes and no later than 12 hours after acceptance of payment.
- For Cryptocurrency Purchases by bank transfer and for remote Purchases of BTC, LTC, XRP, ETH, USDT by bank transfer:
- The Website purchasing platform or the Operator indicates the Price of the Cryptocurrency at "time t". The Customer is notified that Delivery of the Cryptocurrency will take place once the Customer will have finalized the Purchase or automatically 72 hours after Purchase Amount received by GRONNS has been validated by GRONNS.
- The Website or the Operator indicates the estimated Mining Fees and Commission.
- The Customer confirms the Purchase transaction details by clicking "CONTINUE". The Customer also agrees to the Terms and Conditions;
- The Purchase Order is then recorded and GRONNS forwards its bank account details ("GRONNS Account") and precise instructions to allow the Customer to make the transfer including a specific label starting with CNHS XXXXXX needed to process the Purchase Order. The Customer may cancel the Purchase Order at any time, provided that payment of the Purchase Amount has not reached the GRONNS Account;
- Once payment of the Purchase Amount reaches the GRONNS Account following the correct instructions within eight working days of the date corresponding to "time t", GRONNS checks all relevant information related to the Customer Account and Purchase Order. This validation shall not take more than 48 hours, except if GRONNS notifies the Customer of a problem (by email), in that case the Order is suspended.
- Once the Purchase Order is validated by GRONNS, the Customer receives a notification (by e-mail and SMS) to inform the Customer, he has 72 hours to finalize himself the Purchase or to cancel it for free. In case of cancellation, the Purchase Amount shall be refunded to the Customer within 7 days. During the 72 hours period, the Customer can connect to his Account on the Website and finalize the Order. The Cryptocurrency Price which will apply to the Purchase Amount will be the one indicated at "time t" of the finalization of the Order by the Customer. If the Order is finalized, the quantity of Cryptocurrency determined by Clearing of the Purchase Amount using the Price at the time t, is delivered to the Cryptocurrency Wallet address provided by the Customer. Without any action by the Customer 72 hours after the notification by GRONNS (“TN+72”), GRONNS will execute the Order automatically using the Price at TN+72.
5) When the Purchase is completed, the Customer shall receive, by email to the address paired with the Customer Account, an invoice giving details of the transaction, including the quantity of Cryptocurrency purchased (which may be denominated in BTC for Cryptocurrency purchases other than BTC and ETH), and the level of Commission and Mining Fees.
General rules for Purchases:
GRONNS reserves the right to amend, at any time and without notice, the list of Cryptocurrencies available to its Customers for Purchase. This list is displayed on the Website.
GRONNS reserves the right to amend, at any time and without notice, the minimum or maximum value in euro of the Purchase Amount for any Cryptocurrency offered to Customers.
Customers are solely responsible for their Wallets and the protection thereof. Customers are solely responsible for providing GRONNS with an address for the Wallet into which they would like to receive purchased Cryptocurrency. GRONNS accepts no liability for harm caused by providing incorrect information.
GRONNS accepts no liability for Transactions declined by GRONNS and the consequences thereof, owing to the receipt of an amount other than the Purchase Amount or for wrong information indicated in the bank transfer label, or on the grounds of the Customer KYC or LCB-FT as substantiated by its Risk and Compliance department.
In the event of non-response by a Customer to a Questionnaire or while GRONNS is yet to approve a Purchase, even where the Customer has made payment of the Purchase Amount, the Customer shall be refunded with a deduction applied for any losses incurred by GRONNS due to Price differentials where GRONNS had already initiated Clearing of the Purchase Amount.
To ensure the validity of a payment by bank transfer, Customers must make a bank transfer to the GRONNS Account from a bank account in their own name, held with an institution located within the SEPA, and specifying the Transaction reference exactly as provided by GRONNS (using the format "CNHS AbcDeF"). For payments by bank card, the Customer affirms to be the rightful holder of a valid bank card with the necessary funds to make the Purchase. Customers are not permitted to add more than two bank cards for use with their Customer Account.
GRONNS is in no way required to execute an expired Purchase. Unapproved, unpaid or partly paid Purchases shall be considered void and shall not be completed by GRONNS. For Purchases that are cancelled after the Purchase Amount has been received, the Customer shall be refunded the Purchase Amount with a deduction applied for Administration Fees, by bank transfer within 20 working days with no entitlement to compensation.
GRONNS accepts no liability for declined payments or Technical Faults on the part of its payment service providers or partner banks. In the event of a declined payment by GRONNS's partner bank or payment service provider following confirmation and payment of the Purchase Amount by GRONNS, the Purchase Amount shall be returned by GRONNS's partner institution or payment service provider within a time frame set out in their own Terms and Conditions and up to 30 working days.
GRONNS accepts no liability for non-completion of Cryptocurrency Purchases and the consequences thereof, arising from an incidence of Force Majeure, Purchases confirmed by the Customer after the Time Limit has lapsed, inability to give a Price for a given Cryptocurrency due to technical reasons beyond its control, non-acceptance of payment by its partner banks and payment service providers (e.g. if the card was cancelled or reported stolen, or where the bank declines payment on KYC grounds) or Customer error.
ACPR French Prudential Supervision and Resolution Authority (Autorité de Contrôle Prudentielle et de Résolution).
AMF French Financial Markets Regulator (Autorité des Marchés Financiers).
Blockchain Chain of blocks containing transaction data.
Clearing of a Purchase Amount (for a Customer) process whereby GRONNS, in approving the Purchase of a Customer and having received payment for the Purchase in euro from the Customer, purchases a quantity of Cryptocurrency equal to the euro-denominated Purchase Amount with a deduction applied for Commission, Mining Fees and any Administration Fees relating to the Customer Purchase, and divided by the Cryptocurrency Price at the moment when GRONNS executes the transaction. The quantity of Cryptocurrency purchased by GRONNS and calculated using this formula equals the quantity to be sent to the Customer's Wallet address.
Clearing of a Sale process whereby GRONNS, in approving a sale and having received into the Wallet held by GRONNS the quantity of Cryptocurrency from the Customer, sells, in exchange for euro, the received quantity of Cryptocurrency corresponding to the Sale Price of the Cryptocurrency at the moment when the Sale is approved. The amount paid to the Customer for the Sale equals the value of the Sale completed on their behalf by GRONNS with a deduction applied for Commission and any applicable Administration Fees.
Price of a Cryptocurrency, Cryptocurrency Price or Price exchange value in euro or Cryptocurrency of one unit of the Cryptocurrency in question, calculated at least once every 300 seconds (except in the event of Technical Fault or Force Majeure) using a composite measure of all exchange values recorded on reputable Cryptocurrency trading platforms selected by GRONNS, or using one of the exchange values.
Cryptocurrency or Cryptoasset digital unit of account stored electronically in a "Wallet", providing a community of users with a medium of exchange for goods and services without the need for legal currency. A cryptocurrency operates on a cryptographic protocol and is decentralised, with transactions recorded in a distributed ledger, commonly known as a "Blockchain". According to an AMF statement released on 4 December 2017, Cryptocurrencies "cannot be classified as currencies or considered a means of payment in the legal sense of the term" and "are therefore not subject to the regulatory framework for means of payment". The AMF notes that the euro is the sole legal tender in France at the present time. Bitcoin is the most well-known of the more than 4,500 Cryptocurrencies, examples of which include Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash and Ripple.
Terms and Conditions refers to these general terms and conditions of purchase and sale applicable to all GRONNS Customers.
Customer Personal User, as defined below, individual aged 18 or older who is capable of exercising his/her rights within the meaning of Article 414 of the French Civil Code and any professional individual or legal entity registering to access GRONNS services on its. Transactions via the Website are open only to Customers whose country of nationality AND permanent residence are included in the following list: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland, as well as all French overseas departments and regions (Guadeloupe, Martinique, Guyane, Réunion and Mayotte) and the French overseas territories of Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon, Saint-Barthélemy and the French section of Saint-Martin.
Transactions are not allowed to Customers whose nationality or place of residence is included in the following list: Afghanistan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cuba, Ethiopia, Guyana, Iran, Iraq, Laos, Nigeria, North Korea, Pakistan, Uganda, Sri Lanka, Serbia, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Vanuatu, Yemen.
Country lists are subject to change at any time and without notice at the sole discretion of GRONNS. Russian or American Customers can make Transaction for a maximum amount of 10 000 euros over a period of 365 days.
Commission amount in euro received by GRONNS for each Transaction as payment for service provision (see Article 10).
Customer Account refers to a named individual personal account used to access GRONNS services on its Website and which can be viewed by a GRONNS administrator. The Customer Account login is an email address and linked account number. One individual may hold both a Personal and Professional Customer Account, subject to providing two different email addresses and using separate payment methods for each Customer Account. Customers are solely responsible for their login details and accessing their Customer Account securely. GRONNS accepts no liability in the event that a Customer Account is accessed fraudulently. Customer Accounts can only be opened via the Website. Customer Accounts cannot be opened or arranged by telephone.
Confirmed Customer Account a personal, unique and nominative Customer Account is confirmed when the Customer receives an email from GRONNS notifying of its confirmation. Through its Risk and Compliance Department, GRONNS has sole discretion over Customer Account confirmation based on the Customer KYC and information provided by the Customer. Only Customers with a confirmed Customer Account may execute a Transaction. The Risk and Compliance Department reserves the right to lock or temporally suspend a Customer Account at any time, disabling the account from making Transactions, on the grounds of the Customer KYC, non-compliance with the Terms and Conditions, Customer behaviour (e.g. insults, threats, etc.), at the express request of authorities or the French courts, in cases where the Customer fails to provide a valid response to requests for supporting documentation regarding a Transaction or the Customer KYC within five working days. GRONNS accepts no liability for any consequences arising from the locking of a Customer Account.
Business Account, Business Status or Business Customer refers to a service or feature offered by GRONNS to its Customers. This offer is valid for 365 days upon payment by the Customer in question of an non-refundable entrance fee set by GRONNS. The offer provides access to additional services and preferential Commissions, based on executed Transactions over the validity period of the Business Account. The Operator can execute remotely (e-mail, Skype or equivalent, Phone) a Transaction requested by a Business Customer once this Customer has been clearly identified. Business Status is approved by the GRONNS Risk and Compliance Department, who reserves the right to decline or suspend membership without having to reimburse the entrance fee paid by such Business Customer. The offer and its eligibility conditions are available on the Website.
Personal User refers to any individual whose use does not form part of his/her commercial, industrial, craft, professional or agricultural occupation as defined in the French Consumer Code.
Technical Fault refers to any one of the following instances owing to events beyond the control of GRONNS or Force Majeure: loss of access on the part of GRONNS to telephone or internet services; loss of access to partner platforms used by GRONNS to purchase and sell cryptocurrency; loss of access to Customer Wallet information, including addresses used to trade Cryptocurrency; loss of access on the part of Customers to the Wallet facility; events resulting from the actions of Hackers to the computer systems of GRONNS, the Customer or technical partners and Cryptocurrency trading platforms used by GRONNS for Transactions.
Administration Fees per-transaction fee charged by GRONNS to the Customer to manage a Transaction that is unsuccessful due to Customer error or unsatisfactory responses provided to the Risk and Compliance Department. Administration Fees are €20 per transaction or the Cryptocurrency equivalent (e.g. for Sales) at the moment when the fees are applied.
Mining Fees fees applied by GRONNS to a Cryptocurrency Purchase and associated with the costs of Blockchain validation for the transfer of Cryptocurrency purchased by a Customer from a Wallet held by GRONNS to that of the Customer.
Force Majeure under Article 1218 of the French Civil Code, any event beyond the control of the obligor, which could not be reasonably foreseen at the time of acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and whose effects could not be avoided by appropriate measures.
Hacker refers to any person who fraudulently gains access to a computer system and commits acts prohibited by law.
IBAN International Bank Account Number, used as an international bank account identifier.
"Time t"refers to a five-second window during which a piece of data is captured by GRONNS computer systems for use as a variable in calculation.
KYC Know Your Customer - a term used in application of anti-money laundering and terrorist financing measures, which refers to the actions to be carried out in order to verify a Customer's identity. The procedure includes placing a query with the Dow Jones Risk & Compliance database.
LCB-FT or LBA-FT refers to measures against money laundering and terrorist financing as defined in the French Monetary and Financial Code, resulting in the implementation and application of customer transaction risk assessments using risk mapping, which establish the level of risk inherent to a particular transaction and the procedures to be completed to meet the applicable regulatory requirements.
Purchase or Sales Limits refers to the amounts equal to the maximum cumulative value of Purchases or Sales by a Customer over a given period (e.g. day, year).
Delivery refers to the action by GRONNS of sending a quantity of Cryptocurrency to the Wallet address provided by the Customer for a Purchase or Conversion.
Party refers to the Customer and GRONNS, individually or collectively depending on the context.
Staff or Operator any employee, contract staff member, contractor, trainee, representative or person appointed in that capacity, employed by GRONNS, its subsidiaries or its parent company.
Wallet a digital application that allows a user to store, send and receive Cryptocurrency, which is made secure using private key and public key cryptography. A Wallet contains one or more addresses used to trade Cryptocurrency as well as one or more private keys to secure the Wallet's contents. The disclosure, theft or loss of a Customer's private keys may result in the total loss of the Customer's Cryptocurrency holdings. Customers are solely responsible for their Wallet and Seed. GRONNS does not design or manage Wallets on behalf of its Customers and has no knowledge of its Customers' private addresses or Seeds.
Questionnaire questionnaire developed by the Risk and Compliance Department for the purposes of KYC, LCB-FT and anti-fraud measures, sent to a Customer via a Website interface or directly by GRONNS Staff. Compulsory questions concern the Customer's identity, statutory declarations and declarations in relation to the source of funds or Cryptocurrencies used in the Transaction. All other questions are optional. GRONNS reserves the right to refuse a Transaction to a Customer, without entitlement to compensation, where a Customer Questionnaire has not been completed or only partly or unsatisfactorily completed within 72 hours of its communication to the Customer. The Price of a Transaction may only be set after the Questionnaire has been approved by the Customer.
Risk and Compliance Department department responsible for GRONNS operations on its Website, monitoring and locking Customer Accounts and Transactions in accordance with KYC, LCB-FT and fraud prevention procedures. The department is also responsible for producing Tracfin reports.
Website refers to all GRONNS services that can be accessed at the following web addresses (URLs): https://www.GRONNS.com, http://www.GRONNS.es, http://www.GRONNS.fr and http://www.GRONNS.io, and via the GRONNS mobile app available on Android and iOS. Secure Customer Account access on the Website is provided using a password set by the Customer. Passwords remain the Customer's responsibility. GRONNS makes every effort to protect its servers and Customer data against access by Hackers.
Tracfin in accordance with Article L.561-23 of the French Monetary and Financial Code, the unit of the Ministry of the Economy and Finance responsible for investigating reports of suspect transactions in respect of regulations concerning money laundering and terrorist financing.
Transaction means the Purchase, Sale or Conversion of Cryptocurrency by a Customer. Transactions can only be executed via the. Transactions cannot be executed by telephone or email under any circumstances. If a Transaction cannot be successfully completed within 360 days for reasons attributable to the Customer, the quantity of Cryptocurrency or the Purchase Amount sent shall be returned to the Customer upon request, with a deduction applied for the Administration Fee of €20 plus 10% per day from the 361st day onwards.
Seed back-up data for a Cryptocurrency Wallet. These come in a form of a list of words, and enable full access to the linked Wallet. This security feature is used to restore the Wallet in the event of loss, theft or destruction of the hardware hosting the Wallet (telephone, tablet, PC or other). This list of words is strictly confidential. Customers are solely responsible for the storage of Seed data in any form. GRONNS accepts no liability for storage errors or loss of the Seed for a Customer Wallet.
Cryptocurrency Sale, Sale or Sale Order for a Confirmed Customer Account, this refers to steps in the following process on the:
- Communication by the Customer of the following information: i) the type of Cryptocurrency to be sold (provided that the particular Cryptocurrency is purchased by GRONNS); ii) the quantity of Cryptocurrency to be sold or net amount to be received in euro (hereinafter the "Sale Amount"); iii) IBAN and BIC for the Customer bank account held in the Customer's own name with an institution within the SEPA. GRONNS accepts no liability for communication by the Customer of incorrect bank account details or bank account details for an institution outside of the SEPA. The Sale Amount is subject to a minimum level set by GRONNS at the time of Sale and may, in some cases, be subject to a maximum level.
- Notification by GRONNS of any Customer Sale Limits, which are based on Customer Account information and Transaction history. The Customer may submit a request to GRONNS Staff or customer support to increase their Sale Limits. The Risk and Compliance Department will try to accommodate the Customer's request and may ask for additional information and documentation from the Customer.
- At GRONNS's request, or in cases where the Sale Amount in euro for a given Cryptocurrency is at a level which, when added to the value of Sales Amounts executed by the Customer in the 365 days prior to the Sale, is greater than or equal to €5,000, the Customer must complete a Questionnaire provided by GRONNS. Having reviewed the Customer's Questionnaire responses, GRONNS may ask the Customer for supporting documentation under French Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing regulations (LCB-FT) and the Terms and Conditions, and may decline the Sale while stating the reasons for doing so, even in cases where the Customer has sent its Cryptocurrency that is subject of the Sale to the Wallet address provided by GRONNS. In the absence of a response within 72 hours of sending a Questionnaire, the Sale shall be cancelled. GRONNS must notify the Customer of its request for a Questionnaire or supporting documentation before a Sale can be approved. The Price used to calculate Quantity QV, such as this term is defined below, can only be set after the Questionnaire has been approved by GRONNS (i.e. if a Questionnaire is approved two days after the Sale Order, the Price at the time when the Questionnaire is approved, and not that at the time of the Sale Order, shall be used to calculate the quantity of Cryptocurrency to be delivered. The Customer should therefore approve the Questionnaire before issuing a Transaction order).
- Acceptance by the Customer of the Terms and Conditions;
- The Customer is notified by GRONNS of the exact quantity of Cryptocurrency to be sent to GRONNS as part of the Sale ("Quantity QV") and the net exchange value in euro of the Sale Amount obtained through Clearing of the Sale using the variable Quantity QV, hereinafter the "Amount received from Sale". The Customer then has up to ten minutes to send the exact quantity of Cryptocurrency indicated by GRONNS from their Customer Wallet to the Wallet address provided by GRONNS (by QR Code or CGA), thereby confirming the Sale. The Customer is wholly responsible for making this transfer. The Customer must also pay all Mining Fees associated with sending the quantity of Cryptocurrency to the GRONNS Wallet;
- Receipt of Quantity QV into the Wallet held by GRONNS, the address for which was provided to the Customer. Confirmation by GRONNS that quantity received is correct. In the event of an error, GRONNS shall cancel the Sale. In the event of a receipt of QV more than 30 minutes after the Sale was confirmed by the Customer, the Sale shall be considered as expired. GRONNS can either execute the Sale or contact the Customer to get his approval on the change regarding the Amount that would be received from the Sale or cancel it. In the vent of cancellation, the quantity of Cryptocurrency received will then be sent back to the Customer Wallet address with 20 working days, without entitlement to compensation. In such cases, GRONNS may apply Administration Fees. Sales that have not been confirmed or executed by a Customer within the stated time limit shall be deemed to have expired and shall not be completed by GRONNS.
- In the event of confirmation by GRONNS, if the quantity QV reached the GRONNS Wallet: i) no later than 30 minutes after the Sale was confirmed by the Customer, the Amount received from the Sale shall be the amount indicated to the Customer at the moment when the transaction was confirmed; or ii) more than 30 minutes after the Sale was confirmed by the Customer and if GRONNS decides to proceed with the Sale, the Amount received from the Sale shall be calculated through Clearing of the Sale using the value of QV at the moment when GRONNS execute the Clearing of the Sale. Payment of the Amount received from the Sale by bank transfer in accordance with the instructions provided by the Customer with seven working days of confirmation by GRONNS of the Sale.
- the Customer shall receive, by email to the address paired with the Customer Account, an invoice giving details of the transaction, including the amount of Commission and the Amount received from the Sale.
General rules for Sales:
GRONNS reserves the right to amend, at any time and without notice, the list of Cryptocurrencies available to its Customers for Sale.
GRONNS reserves the right to amend, at any time and without notice, the minimum or maximum value, in euro or in quantity of Cryptocurrency, of the Sales Amount for any Cryptocurrency offered to Customers.
Throughout the Sale process and prior to its confirmation by GRONNS, GRONNS reserves the right to enquire with the Customer as to the origin of the Cryptocurrency sold, its purchase date and the origin of funds used in its purchase. Where the Risk and Compliance Department deems a response to be unsatisfactory, GRONNS shall decline the Sale and return the quantity of Cryptocurrency received, if it had been sent by the Customer, with no entitlement to compensation.
In the event of non-response by a Customer to a Questionnaire or while GRONNS is yet to approve a Sale, even where the Customer has made payment of the Sale Amount, the Customer shall be refunded with a deduction applied for any losses incurred by GRONNS owing to Price differentials where GRONNS had already initiated Clearing of the Sale Amount.
The Sales Amount corresponding to the Sale of a quantity of a the same given Cryptocurrency previously bought by the Customer using GRONNS won’t be used for the calculation of the Sale Amount described in 3) above.
The Customer is solely responsible for using the address of the Wallet held by GRONNS and communicated by GRONNS for the purposes of the Sale, including re-entering the exact address into the Customer Wallet application to enable the correct quantity of Cryptocurrency as indicated by GRONNS to be sent from the Customer Wallet to that held by GRONNS. GRONNS accepts no liability for harm caused by Customer error in inputting the Wallet address.
Customers are solely responsible for communicating their bank account details (IBAN). GRONNS shall not be held liable for the consequences arising from incorrect bank account information supplied by the Customer.
GRONNS accepts no liability for non-completion of Cryptocurrency Sales and the consequences thereof, arising from an incidence of Force Majeure, Sales confirmed by the Customer after the Time Limit has lapsed, inability to give a Price for a given Cryptocurrency due to technical reasons beyond its control or due to Customer error, in particular in relation to Customer bank account details and their compliance with the aforementioned conditions.
In the event of a Customer error, GRONNS may apply Administration Fees on a per-transaction basis.
2/ Risk factors
In view of current regulations in France, GRONNS brings to the Customer's attention the following risks concerning the purchase and sale of Cryptocurrencies:
- A Cryptocurrency is not a "currency" as defined by Article L.111-1 of the French Monetary and Financial Code. Only the euro (€) constitutes legal tender in France;
- Cryptocurrencies may not be classed as "digital currency" as defined by Article L.315-1 of the French Monetary and Financial Code;
- GRONNS cannot guarantee the legal classification or price of Cryptocurrencies;
- More generally, a Cryptocurrency cannot be considered a financial instrument. As such, Customers do not enjoy the protections offered under the EU MiFID II Directive as transposed into French law.
The Price of Cryptocurrencies is highly volatile and is subject to unpredictable movements. The Price of Cryptocurrencies can rise and fall extremely quickly. Executing a Transaction entails a high degree of risk, including the risk of a total loss in value associated with a Cryptocurrency Purchase or Conversion. In a press release dated 4 December 2017, the AMF and ACPR warned savers about speculative purchases and the volatility of Cryptocurrencies.
Purchasing Cryptocurrencies may not be suitable for all Customers. All Transactions must be executed by Customers based on a sound appreciation of the risks associated with Cryptocurrency Transactions and a familiarity with the underlying technology. GRONNS therefore reserves the right to refuse a Transaction to a Customer where the Customer is deemed by GRONNS to have insufficient knowledge of such Transactions and their associated technology or for behaviour deemed by GRONNS to be unreasonable in view of the Transaction amounts or the KYC of the Customer;
Cryptocurrency Prices expressed in legal tender are quoted on trading platforms that are unregulated and provide no financial, liquidity, technical or other guarantee. As a result, the Customer incurs the risk of faults, including those that are technical in nature, occurring on the trading platform and which may result in non-delivery of Cryptocurrencies purchased. A technical risk may occur on the trading platform, resulting in the unavailability or loss of Cryptocurrencies or the inability to initiate Clearing of a Purchase or Sale. Technical Faults, the liquidity risk associated with Cryptocurrencies and the technical risks relating to trading platforms may lead to delays in processing Transactions that would prevent Customers from completing their Transaction for a predetermined amount on a specified date.
Cryptocurrencies may be subject to hacking attempts. GRONNS provides no guarantee against the consequences of such events. GRONNS shall not be held liable for breaches of confidentiality or technical limitations caused by computer systems used by Customers to store their Cryptocurrency. Customers are responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary computer equipment with appropriate security features to safeguard their Cryptocurrency and Wallet. GRONNS accepts no liability for lost or stolen Cryptocurrency, irrespective of the method employed for storing the Cryptocurrency.
GRONNS encourages its Customers to use multiple Cryptocurrency trading platforms as a way of protecting against liquidity risk.
3/ Non regulated advisory capacity of GRONNS and Customer reporting obligations.
GRONNS does not provide an investment service, payment service or banking facilities. As such, it is not approved, regulated or monitored by the ACPR.
GRONNS is a commercial company. GRONNS is not as of today an investment company approved, regulated and monitored by the AMF. It does not provide regulated investment service. GRONNS’s activities are known from the AMF. GRONNS has initiated discussion in order to be regulated. GRONNS shall not in any way be considered to be acting in the name or on behalf of the Customer with regard to the Customer's Cryptocurrency Purchases and shall not be considered to endorse the Transactions of the Customer in any way.
Customers are responsible for all reporting with regard to Transactions that they execute and the associated gains/losses to the relevant tax authorities, in accordance with applicable tax laws.
4/ General provisions
These Terms and Conditions govern Transactions executed by all Customers on the Website. Together with the invoice or any other document in place thereof, the Terms and Conditions constitute the only contractual documents that are binding between the Parties, to the exclusion of all other documents, brochures, catalogues or photographs of Cryptocurrencies which are non-contractual and indicative only. These Terms and Conditions are applicable worldwide.
Where applicable, the Customer's terms and conditions shall in no way substitute for or supersede these Terms and Conditions and shall not be binding upon GRONNS, notwithstanding any provision to the contrary.
Cryptocurrencies are sold to or purchased from Customers by GRONNS for a price stated in euro (€). In the event of a Conversion of Cryptoasset, the Price of a Cryptoasset can not be stated in euro; Commission can therefore be indicated in BTC, ETH or euro.
5/ Enforceability of terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions are available to Customers on the. These may also be sent by email or by post to Customers upon request. From the Customer Account on the Website, the Terms and Conditions are binding upon Customers, who acknowledge, by confirming each Transaction using the appropriate method, to be familar with and have accepted the Terms and Conditions before every transaction.
GRONNS saves and reproduces the characteristics of a Transaction and makes the Terms and Conditions available on the, in accordance with Article 1369-4 of the French Civil Code.
6/ Rules applicable to Cryptocurrency Transactions
6.1. Rules applicable to Cryptocurrency Transactions via the Website
All Cryptocurrency Transactions placed through GRONNS by a remote Customer must be made in a durable written form, when using the Customer Account on the Website.
Access to the Website is free. Transactions are made directly on the GRONNS Website. However, to ensure that its execution is valid, a Transaction must be made using an unlocked confirmed Customer Account.
Customers can contact the GRONNS Website by telephone, email or via the customer support system used by GRONNS. However, Customer Accounts and Transactions can be made on the or remotely if the Customer has been introduced to GRONNS by a business contractor or in case of a Business Account.
GRONNS reserves the right not to approve or to close a Customer Account under Article 13, and where appropriate to refuse all Transactions from a Customer. GRONNS therefore reserves the right, without prior notice and with no entitlement to compensation, to permanently or temporally lock the Customer Account in question. More generally, GRONNS reserves the right to deny access to all or part of the Website in the event of Force Majeure, Technical Fault, or where its Staff or equipment are threatened or placed in danger in any way whatsoever.
6.2. Opening a Customer Account
Customer Accounts are strictly confidential and are intended for use by the Customer only. Use of a Customer Account by multiple persons shall lead to the permanent closure of the Customer Account.
Documents and information to be provided at a minimum when requesting a Customer Account must be fully legible and provided in their entirety:
- Customer Account type: Personal User, legal entity or professional individual;
- Surname and first name for an individual, or name of the legal entity, SIREN, Business sector and surname and first name of the legal representative;
- Gender of the individual or legal representative of the legal entity;
- Nationality of the individual or country of registration of the legal entity;
- Date of birth (of the individual or the legal representative of the legal entity);
- Valid email address;
- Address, post code, town/city and country of main residence, or domicile of the legal entity;
- Valid mobile telephone number;
- One of the following forms of valid identification in the Customer or legal representative's name in .jpg or .png format:
- - French national identity card (both sides),
- - Some European national identity cards,
- - French passport,
- - French residency permit,
- - SEPA Zone Passport,
- - Passport outside the Sepa and Visa Zone.
- ID number and expiration date;
- Proof of residence.
For individual Customer Accounts created on the Website, it is exceptionally possible to provide less information (no need for Proof of Residence, address) than described above, if the Customer chooses a START account. The START account is only available online, for a period of 6 months after its creation, only to Purchase Cryptoassets at specific Limit Levels.
In that case, the Customer shall provide a photo of the Customer holding a paper with phrase handwritten and legible in English: "I would like to purchase bitcoin with GRONNS" or any other phrase specified on the Website at the web page used for the registration process. The Customer's face must be clear and visible, and the document must be fully readable and captured in full and in .jpg or .png format.
For professional Customer Accounts, the following additional supporting documentation is required: Kbis dating back three months or less, Articles of Association, list of beneficial owners, and an IBAN.
The Customer is responsible for applying for a Business Account facility. The Risk and Compliance Department will then request supporting documentation (e.g. earnings, source of funds, etc.) before an account can be opened.
Customers may open both a Personal User Customer Account and a professional Customer Account, subject to providing two different email addresses and using separate payment methods for each Customer Account.
6.3. Verification prior to executing a Transaction. LCB-FT and fraud prevention.
GRONNS, through its Risk and Compliance Department, may need to request additional information from a Customer wishing to execute a Transaction, in the context of LCB-FT and fraud prevention measures. Requests for such information block the approval and execution of a Transaction for a period not exceeding five working days. Where are Customer does not cooperate or provide a satisfactory response, GRONNS shall cancel the Transaction and refund the Customer, with a deduction applied for Administration Fees and any other losses incurred by GRONNS as specified in the definition of a Purchase or a Sale.
Supporting documentation required by the Risk and Compliance Department include, but are not limited to:
- Additional identification documents (e.g. passport, driving licence, civil status);
- Proof of the source of funds (e.g. bank statement, savings statement, tax notice, notarised documents confirming a sale, bank certificate, etc.), and for sales: cryptographic addresses to make it possible to establish the purchase date(s) of the Cryptocurrencies;
- Bank certificate confirming the payment method used;
- Documents concerning the legal entity: corporate accounts, bank statements, bank certificates, etc.
- Customer Questionnaire.
6.4. Amendments to Transactions
Once a Transaction has been completed by GRONNS, it is irreversible and cannot be amended.
6.5. Absence of cooling-off period
Under Article L.221-28 (2) of the French Consumer Code, the Customer cannot avail of a cooling-off period for a Transaction given that it concerns the "supply of goods or services whose price is subject to fluctuations on the financial markets which are beyond the trader's control and which could occur during a cooling-off period".
7/ Language of the Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions have been translated into English to facilitate their understanding by a greater number of Customers. Notwithstanding this translation, the parties expressly agree that in the event of a dispute, only the French version of these Terms and Conditions shall be authoritative.
8/ Amendment of the Terms and Conditions
GRONNS retains the option to amend its Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice. In the event of amendments to the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions applicable to the Customer shall be those in effect on the date of the Transaction. The Customer is recommended to print a copy of the Terms and Conditions in effect on the date of the Transaction, notwithstanding GRONNS's archive policy.
9/ Nullity of a clause in the Terms and Conditions
The nullity of any one contractual clause shall not invalidate the Terms and Conditions.
10/ Prices and Commissions
10.1 Cryptocurrency Price information
The Prices of Cryptocurrencies that may form part of a Transaction by GRONNS are indicated on the GRONNS website, in accordance with Article 112-3 of the French Consumer Code.
Unless the Customer avails of a specific option offered entirely at the discretion of GRONNS, GRONNS cannot guarantee the Price of Cryptocurrency at which a Transaction is made.
10.2 Calculation of Commission
Commission rates and the formula for calculating Commissions are available on the Website at https://www.GRONNS.com
Commissions are determined according to the value in euro or in quantity of Cryptocurrency of the Transaction to be made, and is expressed as a percentage of the equivalent amount in euro. A fixed component, payable in euro, may be added to the variable component of Commission. Parameters (i.e. percentage and fixed commission) may vary according to the Customer Account type (Business Account or not) and the method of payment used. The final amount of Commission is determined as follows:
- For Purchases: at the moment when the Customer indicates the Purchase Amount, while taking into account the Customer's transaction history prior to the Purchase in certain specific cases.
- For Sales: at the moment when the Customer indicates the Sale Amount, while taking into account the Customer's transaction history prior to the Sale in certain specific cases.
- For Cryptocurrency Conversion: Commission is calculated by converting into euro, at the Cryptocurrency price in effect (Prices may be expressed in BTC or ETH), a quantity equal to X per cent (X%) of the total quantity of Cryptocurrency that the Customer would like to convert. The value of X is given on the Website. Commission can be given in BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, USDT or EUR.
Commission may also include fixed charges, a minimum amount, and additional Administration Fees indicated by GRONNS at the time of the Transaction.
10.3 Absence of VAT on Commissions
Commissions relating to the purchase or sale of Cryptocurrencies are not subject to VAT (as per Article 261 C of the French General Tax Code).
11/ Cryptocurrency services
11.1. Recipient of services provided by GRONNS
GRONNS Transaction services are intended for GRONNS Customers as defined in the Terms and Conditions.
11.2 Duration of services
Transactions offered by GRONNS to its Customers are valid subject to their availability.
12/ Entry into force
Terms and Conditions shall apply from the moment when the Customer agrees to these Terms and Conditions.
A Transaction for a given Cryptocurrency shall be considered final: (i) where the Customer has proceeded to make payment in the legal tender to GRONNS when making a Cryptocurrency Purchase; or (ii) when the Customer delivers the intended quantity of Cryptocurrency corresponding to the Sale Amount as part of a Cryptocurrency Sale or Conversion in the case of a Cryptocurrency Conversion.
Communications, Transactions and invoices are archived using a durable and reliable storage medium in accordance with Article 1379 of the French Civil Code. Communications, Transactions and invoices have evidential value between the Parties. As a general rule, any electronic document from GRONNS constitutes evidence between the Parties.
13/ Cancelling a Transaction – Closing a Customer Account
13.1 By the Customer
The Customer may cancel a Transaction as of right where GRONNS does not comply with the time frame for Delivery of Cryptocurrency for the Transaction under the conditions set out in Article 15.2 below.
Where a Transaction is cancelled, the Cryptocurrency shall be refunded based on the Price as understood in the definitions of a Purchase or Sale or, failing this, the Price applicable at the moment of cancellation.
The Customer may opt to close a Customer Account at any time through the Customer Account settings.
13.2 By GRONNS
GRONNS may, as of right and without notice, cancel a Transaction or close a Customer Account in the event of a breach of the Terms and Conditions, such as:
- Reasonable suspicion on the part of GRONNS as to the Customer's true identity or payment method;
- Use by the Customer of a payment method that is not in the Customer's name, is defective, or which has been stolen, cancelled or used fraudulently.
- Use by the Customer of more than two valid bank cards to make Purchases;
- Failure on the part of the Customer to provide a response with 72 hours to questions and requests by GRONNS's Risk and Compliance Department;
- Non-payment of the Purchase Amount by the Customer;
- Failure to transfer, or an incorrect transfer by the Customer of the Cryptocurrency type and quantity to a Wallet held by GRONNS for a Cryptocurrency Sale or Conversion;
- Aggressive, criminal or threatening behaviour on the part of the Customer when communicating with GRONNS.
In the event of cancellation on any of the aforementioned grounds, GRONNS shall refund the Customer based on the Price as understood in the definitions of a Purchase or Sale or, failing this, the Price applicable on a later date. GRONNS may charge Administration Fees and make a deduction for any losses relating to the Transaction from the refund issued to the Customer.
Where GRONNS closes a Customer Account, the Customer will no longer be able to make Transactions and all pending Transactions will be cancelled.
14/ Payment methods
GRONNS reserves the right to amend, at any time and without notice, payment methods accepted on its Website, in particular the type and country of issue of bank cards authorised for a Transaction.
15/ Delivery of Cryptocurrency
15.1 Delivery time frame and procedures
GRONNS offers Customers holding a confirmed Customer Account the option to purchase and receive Cryptocurrency within a time limit set by these Terms and Conditions to a Wallet address, for which the Customer is wholly responsible.
In all circumstances, for a valid Transaction, Delivery of a Cryptocurrency associated with a Purchase or Conversion, or payment for a Sale, must take place no more than thirty (30) days after payment has been approved and received by GRONNS for the Transaction in accordance with Article L.216-1 of the French Consumer Code.
Transactions cannot be cancelled or amended from the moment that they are completed as defined in Article 12.1.
The Customer has up to seven days from payment of the Transaction or sending the Cryptocurrency to contest or report an issue to [email protected] or to https://www.GRONNS.com/contact. After this time, GRONNS shall not be held liable for the consequences of an incomplete Transaction.
15.2 Delay in Delivery
In the absence of Force Majeure, the Customer may cancel a Transaction where the delay in Delivery extends beyond thirty (30) days after making payment that is approved and received by GRONNS. In such cases, the Customer may cancel the Transaction by sending a registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt or a document in another suitable medium to GRONNS, in the event that GRONNS has not undertaken Delivery seven (7) working days after having been instructed to do so by the Customer by the aforementioned method. The Transaction shall be considered void upon receipt by GRONNS of the registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt or document informing of the cancellation, unless this step has been carried out by GRONNS in the interim.
16/ Transaction Limits
GRONNS may, at its own discretion and without notice, set daily, weekly or monthly Transaction limits. For more information on applicable limits and limit increases and reductions, the Customer may contact GRONNS customer service by email at the following addresses: [email protected] or https://www.GRONNS.com. Limit increases are approved by the Risk and Compliance Department.
17/ Anti-fraud measures for bank cards and other payment methods
GRONNS reserves the right to verify personal information provided by the Customer and to take all measures deemed necessary to verify the identity of the Customer whose bank account is debited. In addition to Customer identity checks and address confirmation, verification may involve a request to provide all banking documents such as an IBAN prior to approving a Transaction.
All Transaction payments by bank card via the Website must pass through 3-D Secure authentication for secure online payment.
18/ Liability and Exemption from Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, GRONNS ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR LOSS OF EARNINGS, INCOME, VALUE, PROFITS OR DATA, OR FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
GRONNS shall not be held liable towards the Customer in the event of non-performance or improper performance of the Terms and Conditions on account of the Customer, or owing to fraud or error attributable to the Customer, an occurrence of Force Majeure, Technical Fault, inability on the part of GRONNS to determine the Price of Cryptocurrency for reasons beyond its control, or for shutdown, hacking or inaccessibility of Cryptocurrency trading platforms used by GRONNS for Clearing Transactions.
The Customer is hereby warned of the risks surrounding the Purchase, Conversion and Sale of Cryptocurrencies. In this respect, GRONNS shall not be held liable for the following:
- faults with the Customer's payment method and/or the payment system attributable to the Customer and/or the payment services provider used by GRONNS;
- the continuity and reliability of decentralised computer systems governing Cryptocurrencies;
- the stability of the Price of Cryptocurrencies, by virtue of their high volatility;
- losses or delays in Delivery of Cryptocurrency owed to Customers which are unattributable to GRONNS and caused by technical and computer systems, in any way whatsoever, in particular Technical Faults and/or security breaches of any kind, including as a result of Hacker activity;
- negligence or carelessness on the part of the Customer through disclosure of a private key, Wallet Seed, or right of access to the Customer Wallet;
- malfunction of the Customer's computer system;
- refund of Cryptocurrencies or their value in any other currency with legal tender, in the event of a loss of Cryptocurrency that cannot be attributed to GRONNS, in particular due to theft of the Customer's personal information by any means whatsoever, loss of hardware containing Cryptocurrency such as hard drives, tablets, smartphones, or in the event of robbery, theft, extortion, violence, blackmail, fraud, operating faults, or any other criminal offence to which the Customer is subjected that might result in the loss of Cryptocurrency.
Furthermore, GRONNS shall not be held liable for the following:
- the time taken to return funds to the bank accounts of Customers where the Transaction is declined or where the Transaction is cancelled by the Customer, GRONNS or the payment service provider of the Customer or GRONNS;
- the time taken to receive bank transfers by the Customer or GRONNS;
- loss or theft of Cryptocurrency by any means whatsoever following delivery to the public address provided by the Customer. GRONNS does not store the Cryptocurrency of its Customers, who remain wholly responsible for both their use and storage.
- unlawful use of Cryptocurrency purchased through its services.
GRONNS cannot guarantee the Price of Cryptocurrency as part of a Transaction, except in cases where the Customer exercises a specific option.
GRONNS accepts no liability for the consequences in cases where the Customer sends an amount of Cryptocurrency that differs to that requested by the trading platform when making a Transaction. GRONNS cannot guarantee execution of the Transaction in such cases. GRONNS may be required to offer a refund of Cryptocurrency (thereby cancelling the Transaction) or an adjustment of the Transaction to a price effective on a subsequent date and in so doing to charge Administration Fees to the Customer.
As part of a "guaranteed price" Purchase or Sale operation that GRONNS may offer its Customers, GRONNS agrees to guarantee the Price of the Cryptocurrency for a Purchase or Sale, at the moment when the Purchase or Sale is confirmed, irrespective of market fluctuations between confirmation of the Transaction and Delivery of the Cryptocurrency or the exchange value in euro.
GRONNS shall strive as far as possible to ensure that the Website is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, Website access may be temporarily suspended due to operations involving technical maintenance, system migration or updates, as well as outages or operational restrictions to internet services.
The properties and capacity of networks carrying data can vary and may be overloaded at certain times of the day, which may impact on download times and accessibility. GRONNS shall not be held liable on account of malfunction or inaccessibility of the Website attributable to third parties, network congestion, unsuitable equipment belonging to the Customer, maintenance or Website update operations or any other factor extraneous to GRONNS.
19/ Resolutory clause
The cancellation of a Transaction or closure of a Customer Account by GRONNS under the conditions in Article 13.2 shall be communicated in an email from GRONNS to the Customer at the address linked to the Customer Account and shall take effect as of right without the need for any other - in particular legal - formality.
20/ Intellectual property and trademarks
The Website, and material reproduced on the GRONNS Website, comprised in particular of photographs, videos, text, publications, illustrations, drawings, logos and images, are and shall remain the exclusive property of GRONNS and are protected by copyright, trademark law and/or patent law. All use, reproduction and/or transmission of this material without the prior written consent of GRONNS renders those in breach liable to prosecution.
Customers are therefore prohibited from the reproduction, representation, extraction and use in any form whatsoever, in full or in part, of trademarks, logos, or the GRONNS Website.
21/ Personal information
The collection and processing of personal information carried out by GRONNS in its capacity as data controller as defined in French Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 concerning Information Technology, Data Files and Liberties, amended by Law No. 2004-801 of 6 August 2004, are necessary to open a Customer Account and process Transactions, create a customer file and effectively manage the commercial relationship between Customers and GRONNS. This information is for use by GRONNS, its service providers and partners within and outside the European Union, in particular for the purposes of execution and payment of Transactions.
GRONNS is responsible for completing the prior necessary procedures – in particular with the CNIL – under the regulations concerning the protection of personal data and undertakes to comply with these regulations within the scope of their application to data processing under these Terms and Conditions.
The Customer has the right at all times to access, modify, correct and contest this information for legitimate reasons and, as of 25 May 2018, has the right to limit the processing or portability of personal data, which may be exercised in writing with accompanying signature and with an attached copy of an acceptable form of identification, to:
1 Rue Georges Brassens
92500 Rueil Malmaison
The Customer has the right to issue instructions regarding the fate of his personal data after his death which can be addressed to the address indicated above.
Your personal data is kept for the longest period of time necessary to comply with the applicable legal and regulatory provisions or they can also kept for another period taking into account operational constraints, effective management of customer relations and responses to legal or regulatory requests.
The majority of information is kept for a minimum of 5 years in accordance with regulatory obligations.
At the end of this regulatory retention period, GRONNS will be able to contact the Client concerned to find out whether the customer wishes to continue receiving commercial solicitations from GRONNS. In the absence of a positive and explicit response from the Customer, the data will be deleted or archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
Should any dispute arise as to the use of Customer information by GRONNS, the Customer shall be notified of the possibility to refer the dispute to the CNIL (French Information Technology and Data Commissioner).
22/ Customer Service
For any questions or for further information, GRONNS customer service and support can be contacted:
- by email to [email protected] or https://www.gronns.com/contact;
- by telephone, at +33 (0) 6 77 48 62 95;
All photographs shown on the Website, in particular those used for product illustration, are non-contractual and displayed for illustrative purposes as examples only.
24/ Disputes - Mediation
In the event of a dispute between a Customer and GRONNS, the Customer must notify Customer Services at the address provided in Article 23 or at the following address: [email protected], taking care to give correct contact details and to forward all information to enable GRONNS to establish the cause and impact of the dispute.
Should the dispute persist, the Customer may contact the European Commission online dispute resolution service at the following address: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.chooseLanguage.
The fact that GRONNS does not at a given moment invoke any one of the provisions in these Terms and Conditions shall not be interpreted as a waiver by GRONNS of subsequent invocation of any one of said Terms and Conditions, nor shall it be understood as an amendment thereof.
In the absence of an amicable settlement and for all disputes arising from these Terms and Conditions, jurisdiction shall be assigned to the court for the place of residence of the defendant in France, or that of the place of actual Delivery of the Cryptocurrency. In accordance with Article R.631-3 of the French Consumer Code cited below, the purchaser has a number of options, provided that he/she is a Personal User:
"Article R.631-3 of the Consumer Code: The consumer may refer a dispute either to one of the courts with jurisdiction under the Code of Civil Procedure, or to the court for the area where he/she lived at the time of conclusion of the contract or the occurrence of the event giving rise to the damage".
These provisions do not apply to Professional Customers. In the last scenario, the Court of Appeal for Paris (Cour d'Appel de Paris) shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
27/ Applicable law
The interpretation and performance of these Terms and Conditions by GRONNS is solely subject to French law.
28/ Administrative information
Ownership of the Site: This Site is owned and operated by Gronns (hereinafter the "Company"). The Company is a company whose head office is located at 1, rue Georges Brassens 92500 Rueil-Malmaison, registered with the Trade and Companies Register of Paris under number 83172744100014.
Company contact details: Mailing address: 1, rue Georges Brassens 92500 Rueil-Malmaison; Contact: https://www.gronns.com/contact